Thursday, May 30, 2019


Thing 27:
My current note taking system is using folders (actual folders) to organize the different activities I need to look at or complete.  Professional school items are in different folders labeled with marker and papers, notes and copies are inserted in the folder pockets.  For PDs and courses I have another folder designated for the presentations I have attended over the school year.  I keep the name and date of the event on the outside cover with the contents inside.  It is pretty easy to manage but I have a collection of folders at the end of the school year that I end up reusing for the following year.  I wanted to explore a new way to do things and I came across google Keep in this section and looked into it.
The tutorial about Keep was interesting because the things that I am doing with folders could be kept on lists on my phone.  It can be more convenient because I have also have access to Keep on my lap top too.  The items and notes are easy to organize and easy to find with Keep. 
Another advantage to using Keep is that collaborators can be added and information can be shared between different teams, committees and possibly parent groups if necessary.  I am on a Tenet team and we have meetings that get moved around almost every 2 months. Keep allows us to share ideas on a format and we can change times with reminders even if you don’t check your school email every day.  I will be inviting some of my colleagues onto Keep and try present our co-teaching assignments in a more organized way every week.
Keep can help us make lists of what content we will be teaching and assign different activities we can come up with and share them with each other.  Using Keep we can go in and add to the list, or mark things that are finished and it’s easy to convert it into documents for people who are more comfortable with that format. 
 I think Keep would benefit students because it can become another tool for organizing assignments for class.  Students can Keep homework assignments, projects or upcoming events in notes and share with teachers or their parents and it would be an easy way to get information home and students won’t have the excuse for not “getting the assignment” or “leaving the assignment” in class.  I also thought that if parents were interested I could share my notes with them in case their child was sick or out of town.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment