Tuesday, May 14, 2019

thing 5 audio tools


Thing 5: Audio Tools

We have used audio tools throughout the year in social studies. Each lesson is recorded and shared with students in their google classroom. The note sheets are printed and left blank for students to complete.  We began w unit 1 lesson 1.  Students have completed several units and the students are at different places.  We have a group that is starting in unit 7 and some lower level groups that are finishing up unit 3.  The students must complete a note section, work on practice problems that are recorded and then a show me section.  Another teacher and I ask students to review the video before asking teachers for assistance.  Once they earn a passing score on an exit ticket, they continue with practice problems before moving on.

Students have learned to pace themselves.  We have discovered that self-pacing has been beneficial to a majority of the students by causing positive conflict.  The students recognize where their peers are and want to get ahead.

One thing I thought would be helpful to our students was an audio app the students could use outside of class. Looking through the different audio tools it appears google keeps the best program in order to take their pic and add a audio question for the teacher.  We had some students the wanted to complete the activities or some that were absent and needed to complete the activities on their own time.  It would be helpful if students could post questions right in the lesson.

Chatterpix is message sending application which is new to me.  I wound be able to send a message to my family members.  I made a picture of our grand daughter yawning in her crib and showed my daughter in law and she thought it was hilarious.  What a great new way to send messages.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, now I have to do a chatterpix of my grandson! Fun idea. :)

    ReplyDelete